Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wait Training

We are about to bust through the doors of 2012 and with that we are going to be starting a new series with the grade schoolers about the purpose and power of prayer and fasting (say that line again). As Pastor Josh leads us through the BE Series and we join together in fasting, your children will be learning about the "hows," "what's" and "why's" of prayer and fasting.

January is easily one of my favorite months when it comes to what we learn about together as an entire church and the amazing chance you have as parents to take what you know and learn about prayer and fasting and bring it to your family's dinner table. I strongly encourage you to take some time and decide on ways the whole family can get involved and even write down prayer requests that the family can intercede for, together. If you need a place to start or to get some ideas from, I came across this Kid's Fasting Calendar that will be a great resource for any family.


In our series Wait Training, your 1-5 graders will be learning about how to wait on the Lord and that "when I am weak, then I am strong." We will be exploring the areas of:
Jan. 1 - "Humility," defining fasting and making myself weak through fasting.
Jan. 8 - "What Prayer Exercises Can I Do?"
Jan. 15 - "How Can I Hear God Speaking?"
Jan. 22 - "What Happens When I See Nothing Happen?"


What are some prayer focuses and ways your family is getting involved in January's fast?


No comments:

Post a Comment