Joshua 4:20-22: And Joshua set up at Gilgal the twelve stones they had taken out of the Jordan. He said to the Israelites, "In the future when your descendants ask their fathers, 'What do these stones mean?' Tell them, 'Israel crossed the Jordan on dry ground'" (NIV).
Each time you experience God's grace, make a memorial of the occasion in your mind (you might even write it down). These are your stones of remembrance.
Offer strength and encouragement by sharing your stories of God's faithfulness with your children.
Visit parentingbydesign.com for more resources and updates to help you parent by God's perfect design.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
This Sunday is our Hoogle Boogle Express Test. A review game we play every month to talk about what we learned over the past few Sundays. Here are some review questions for the month of August.
- The last 2 months we have been learning about the six what? (express truths)
- Express Truth #4 says, “I can make the right what?” (choice)
- When we make right choices, what kind of consequences do we get? (good)
- Tell us about a good consequence you got last week?
- Express Truth #5 is a lot like the golden rule and says what? (just as God has treated me with love, I treat others with love.)
- The best way for us to learn is to see someone else’s example – what did Jesus do for the disciples and what example was he trying to set? (washed their feet, set a loving, good example)
- Finish this sentence, With Jesus, nothing ____ _____________?” (is impossible)
- Just like putting mentos in soda, what happens when we’re filled with the Holy Spirit? (we’re filled with power)
- How old were the disciples when Jesus asked them to follow Him? (teenagers)