Hey Parentz Express Followers!
Parentz Express has a new website. Check it out here or go to parentzexpress.wordpress.com. On the right hand side above my profile you can enter your email address to receive posts right in your inbox.
Don't delay, subscribe today!
This will be my last post to this site so please look to the new blog for all future lesson plans, announcements, articles, book reviews, testimonies and other posts.
Saturday, July 14, 2012
There is a major connection between TRUST and WILL. Jesus demonstrates for us the ultimate trust relationship when He says that He only does what He sees the Father doing. He even says that His food is to do the will of the Father (John 4). It is impossible for us to show trust in God if we are not willing to do what He asks us to do. And as hard as it is to actually follow through with, our trust in God is not complete until we lay down our wills without picking them back up.
Think about the wise and the foolish builders, (Matt. 7:24, Luke 6:48). They both heard God's instruction, they both built up their household, they both had storms in their lives, but only the first man was spared because he heard and did, or submitted his will to what was instructed of him. When we're willing to lay down our ideas and wisdom for God's, then we find our foundations in the Rock.
This week we are going to be learning about the parable of the builders and Express Truth #2: "I CAN TRUST GOD NO MATTER WHAT." We show trust in God by listening and doing what He asks of us, by submitting our wills to His.
Saturday, July 7, 2012
Our 6 Express Truths are:
- I am a child of God the King.
- I can trust God no matter what.
- God speaks to me through His Word and by His Spirit.
- I can make the right choice.
- Just as God treats me with love, I treat others with love.
- Jesus loves me and with Him, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
Images by Doyle Partners and Cizon Sauceda
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
1. Verse 3 - Blessed are the poor in spirit... You could say it like this, you're blessed when you are ready to give up, because you are so tired and frustrated that it is easy to ask God for help - and God loves it when we ask for His help.
2. Verse 4 - Blessed are those who mourn... God is better at comforting us than our moms, grandma's, dads, whoever. The Holy Spirit is even called "The Comforter."
3. Verse 5 - Blessed are the meek... Meekness is kind of like being happy with who God made you and not being out of control.
4. Verse 6 - Blessed are those who hunger & thirst for righteousness... You could say it like this, Blessed are those who really love God, spend time with Him, pray, sing worshipful songs, and want more and more of God.
5. Verse 7 - Blessed are the merciful for they will be shown mercy... If you plant corn seed what do you get? If you plant forgiveness, or love what do you get?
6. Verse 8 - Blessed are the pure in heart for they will see God...You have a pure heart by doing 2 things, first ask Jesus into your life because when you do He promises to give you a new, clean heart. And then by making right choices and fighting temptation.
7. Verse 9 - Blessed are those who don't start fights, who help others get along, who forgive others even if they don't ask for forgiveness, who are nice even when they want to be mean.
8. Verse 10 - Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness... You could say it like this, Blessed are those who are made fun of, teased, hit or left out because they do the right thing by following Jesus.
Saturday, June 2, 2012
This month we are going to be looking at the Beatitudes, how they apply to our lives and what it means to be BLESSED even if our circumstances, moods, health, etc. say differently.
Specifically this week we will be talking about the meaning of the word blessed and that Jesus was talking about our righteousness throughout Matthew chapter 5 and the sermon on the mount. The Pharisees thought that cleaning the outside of the cup was what made the difference, but Jesus teaches us that it is the inside that counts.