Saturday, March 5, 2011

Putting the "aving" back in Saving!

I distinctly remember when I was younger that whenever my parents bought me and my sister any type of food or drink (Dr. Pepper was my mom's drink of choice) I would devour the entire thing while my sister would slowly savor hers and even put it away to save for later. It was always such a bummer to me when I would see her walking around the next day still slowly working away as if the longer it took the better it tasted. And at the same time I think she realized that the longer she took the more agony I would be in as I would stare at her enjoying her "whatever" it happened to be. I can't count how many times I would ask her if I could have a sip or one of her nachos when we got home from Taco Bell.

Why do we save? And even more, why does God encourage us to save? Tomorrow your children and I will be discovering this ancient wisdom and how we can put it into practice.

Verse:
Proverbs 21:5 "The plans of the diligent lead surely to advantage, but everyone who is hasty comes surely to poverty."

Discussion Questions:
1. What do you think the verse means?
2. What is the definition of “save”? (to set aside or reserve)
3. What are ways we can save money?
4. What are reasons we would want to save?

No comments:

Post a Comment