Saturday, March 3, 2012

It's All About Me

This change of plans greatly upset Jonah, and he became very angry. 2 So he complained to the LORD about it: “Didn’t I say before I left home that you would do this, LORD? That is why I ran away to Tarshish! I knew that you are a merciful and compassionate God, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love. You are eager to turn back from destroying people. 3 Just kill me now, LORD! I’d rather be dead than alive if what I predicted will not happen... Then the LORD said... "Nineveh has more than 120,000 people living in spiritual darkness,[a] not to mention all the animals. Shouldn’t I feel sorry for such a great city?””
So here's the question, do you want to live your life being selfish and focusing on all the things that you want or trying to make sure that things are always fair, or do you want to live a life of purpose, the life that God intends for you to live where you can change other peoples lives and not get caught up in the silly things in life but change eternity for other people. God made you for a special reason and you can either be like Jonah and pout and through a fit when God does a miracle that you don't like, or you can be like Jesus and the disciples who said, "it may not be easy but God made me for a reason and I want to find out what that reason is.

2s Lesson: This month’s lesson is about Jesus using a boy’s lunch to feed thousands.

3s Lesson: We will learn about Jesus calming a storm.

4s Lesson:  We will learn about Joseph and his jealous brothers.

5s Lesson:  We will learn about Satan tempting Adam and Eve in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment