"You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous - how well I know it." Psalm 139:13-14 NLT
- I experience God's grace and love through people: by their body language and words, by hearing that God made me and loves me, and by experiencing God through music I like.
- God's love is modeled when I see the smiling faces, hear the same loving voices and words, and experience the same affirming actions. Remind me often that: I am loved, Jesus loves me, and God made me.
- Feelings of safety and security with people and places are building blocks that will help me later in life to trust God and others more.
- As you care for me and hold me, pray for me and my family. Pray in such a way that I can hear your soft voice and feel that I have been blessed.
- Parental involvement in the nursery at church every four to six weeks is important for me to connect church and home.
"Children are born motivated, not bored. They come out into the world eager, reaching, looking and touching." --Dorothy Rich
In what ways do you like to help your infant's spiritual development; share your ideas with other parents by leaving a comment below.
(Information pulled from Willow Creek's "Thought You'd Like to Know" packs.)