Friday, June 3, 2011
Let's face it, if we choose to live life God's way, people are going to think we're WEiRD. The choices we make, the values we have, the way we spend our time and money, even the way we think and talk will be different from everyone else. We aren’t supposed to be like the world. We are called to be different—set apart, holy. Jesus didn’t die on the cross so we could go on living like everyone else. To be like Him we should be weird.
This week we are going to look at the life of Ezekiel and see if he was truly WEiRD or if he just talked the talk.
I don’t need to be like the world, I am called to be different – set apart, holy.
Galatians 1:10, “Obviously, I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant.”
1. What is the weirdest thing you have ever had to eat?
2. Have you ever seen someone do something really weird?
3. What were some of the weird things Ezekiel did?
4. Why do you think God asks us to do things that may seem weird?
5. Is it hard to obey God when others may think its weird?
6. Look up this week’s verse, Galatians 1:10, what do you think God is trying to teach us?
Material and image from LifeChurch.tv's "Weird" series.