Saturday, August 27, 2011

You Have The Power to Do The Impossible

How many times have you read the words of Jesus, "Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these..." and didn't pause long enough to think about what he meant or wrote it off as something that didn't imply doing the impossible? Or maybe doing the impossible is only intended for a small portion of the truly dedicated Christian population? I know there have been countless times when I wouldn't allow God to do the impossible through me because of my unbelief, doubt, or because I was too terrified to be obedient... and honestly it will probably happen again. But the reality is that Jesus says that "whoever believes" meaning all those who believe have access to a power in God that is as easy and natural for Him as it is for us to breathe.What if we could begin to train ourselves to quiet the arguments our minds make, or the lies the enemy feeds us and begin to move in this way?

This brings us to our 6th and final Express Truth, "With Jesus, Nothing is Impossible." This Sunday we are going to briefly look at the lives of the disciples and their journey from uneducated fishermen and tradesmen to Spirit filled miracles workers and what it means to be filled with the Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment